2011/12/31

Done!

Between everything, I am finally, finally done moving everything. Things have been going mostly better now, between everything. All my clothes are back, and I've been slowly sorting through them. One of my friends from high school came and helped me move all the dishes as well, and then helped me wash them all. That was an hour long job by itself, the washing of dishes. We got it done though, which I was happy about. I still have to put them all away though.... (I really need to do that sometime today.)

Good news continues. Thursday night, my dad called me down at like... twenty two hundred and asked me if I would rebuild his mail server for him. He then turned around and asked me about what my (then current) computer had for specs wise. When I told him, he laughed and gave me mom's old computer, and a few other pieces to hype it up some more. I spent until 03.00 Friday morning building the new mail server, and then crashed finally. Last night - Friday night - I built my new computer. Three gigs of RAM, a pretty good processor, terabyte hard drive, real graphics card, real sound card. Ubuntu 11.10 now on it. It lives! It lives!! And I can finally multitask, even! Last night, I stress tested it with Second Life, while still running Banshee, Empathy, and Firefox. Didn't even really blink. I also tested Skype, and besides the fact that not a whole lot of web cams work with Linux systems, Skype works! I think the only thing I have to really work out now is what I need to do to make my web cam work.... And set up a dual boot or triple boot, possibly. When I attempted to partition it the first time, I mis-installed the boot loader, so I did a pure vanilla install, which is no fun for me. So I'm going to have to go back in and partition out a few gigs here and there for other boots. I'm thinking UbuntuStudio and possibly playing around with Slackware or some such. Maybe a Server. The only thing I have yet to test my computer with is trying to run a virtual machine. That's next. First, I have to find my copy of XP... Anyways.

Enough about computers. The other night, when I was moving my computer gear from the apartment, I got rather pissed at my ex, who decided to try to be a bitch that night. I told her to shut up and leave me be. After finally moving all my stuff out Thursday, I gave her the key back. She tried to be bitchy - again - and I just shrugged and let her be. She can deal with shit. Well, then yesterday evening, I tried to make a call, and turns out, she'd shut down my phone. Well then. I pinged her about it, and she told me oh well, and to lose her number, after having promised a couple weeks ago to just let my phone be for a while, so I could get it to the point I could support it myself again. Nope. So I now have an Android phone that has wireless only, basically, at least until I can find a job and get it on my own account, or Dad'll put it on his account. Of course, both of these require going into Sprint and talking with them about how to put that into effect, but... It'll be dealt with.

I've learned a major lesson from this past relationship - besides that of, "PEOPLE SUCK". It is this: Even in a relationship, /first/ go with your instincts when it comes to trusting the other person, and then work from there. There is a difference between what one's heart says, and what one's instincts say, too... For instance: My heart said to trust her fully, but my instincts screamed very loudly, on a constant basis, /not/ to trust her. In the end, it bit me on the ass, not listening to the loud screaming from my gut, because she turned around and cheated on me. And is currently with that guy, for the fifth time from what I know. Yep.

Bitch.

I talked with one of my sisters last night. My ex had been... friends... with her for a while, and then turned around a few days ago and said some shit about me to my sister. My sister sent her a long ass message that chewed her out but good. I was sitting here laughing the entire time I read it. It also told me a couple things about myself that I needed to know, and that I know I need to work on. I'm trying to work on them, so... I hope that's worth something to somebody at some point.

A few weeks ago, I had a long discussion with my mom, and told her that I was Bi-Gender, with the request that she not tell Dad. I asked her later, she said she'd mentioned the basics of it, but not all of it. Yesterday afternoon, I went out to the kitchen wearing my flats, where mom and dad both were. Dad glanced down and saw my flats, but has not mentioned them yet. I am not sure what he thought, or if he'll say anything... Either way. Makes me wonder. I am just glad I have parents that do not judge in this situation. It has been a few weeks since I've gone out in female dress, simply because it's been either too cold, or I've been with my family - especially with X-mas and everything. I'm looking forward to getting to where I can again. 'Course, that means I need to acquire real razors to not look like a hairy beast. >_<

Life is getting back to a normal-ish state, and I'll be happy when it's fully there.

Until next time.

Peace.


ADDENDUM:
My parents are awesome. They got my phone transferred to their account, so I now have a working phone again. <3 <3 <3 to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment