2012/03/15

..... Sinus Infection? Really?

Fucknuggets!

I have a sinus infection! Doctor told me on Monday. I've been on meds since and doing better, but it's still taking its toll. Tired constantly, coughing, irritable.... Hungry! Don't forget hungry. And on top of it all, I CAN'T FREAKING TYPE. I think in the past paragraph, I've managed to misspell so many words I've lost track... This stupid infection has basically had me stuck at home for the past few days, to boot.

I haven't really been able to go down to the tornado disaster zone, either. I've managed to go down there twice total - last Wednesday and Friday. And it's really frustrating. I posted about last Wednesday, but didn't get around to Friday. I went down Friday morning, got to the Fire Station, and they assigned me to a section. I went out, trying to find it, and managed to get lost (of course). Twenty minutes later, I ended up back at the station and they gave me the correct directions - as the road signs were down - and this time I managed to get to the correct location. Got there, and just... I don't know. Damage. Huge amounts of damage. The tornado just cut a path of destruction and left almost nothing standing. One house was literally missing everything except two outside walls and an inside one. Another house had the siding basically stripped off the side of it. Talking with the person who owned the house that had been almost completely demolished revealed that there had been four barns - and none of them even appeared from where I was standing. Originally, I'd been out there to help out, but there was nothing really to do. The plan came down to simply "bulldoze it and burn it" then start completely over. I talked with them for a bit longer then headed back to the fire station, where they had me make runs around the county taking water and other supplies to different places. Naturally, in the course of these runs, I met a fair number of people, and all of them were just... how do you describe it?

Nobody had completely given up, but some were close, and some were just depressed... Nobody had anything really clear. But everybody was resigned. Nobody was really in denial about what happened - it seems logical that way, but emotions don't work like that...

It's a mess. I want to do more, but I can't right now, and it's scary to see all the damage.

Anyways. I'm on a steady diet of sudafed and pain killers, trying to get rid of allergy headaches and crap, and I've been hacking up a storm. I think the sinus infection is finally receding - it's Thursday - but I'm still having all the issues I mentioned before. Irritable is barely covering it, too, in some cases. Right before dinner tonight, my dad and I just started almost-yelling at each other over who knows what, and it took me until we were both basically saying "shut the fuck up" to each other (me under my breath) to realize that both of us were majorly irritable already. Damned sinuses. And of course, today has been really wet, which hasn't helped with crap in the air. So, I'm just not in good shape.

Tomorrow is a day off for the public school district, so I'm going to hopefully spend a good chunk of time with Kara, as well as job hunting. A friend's dad works at one of the hotels / convention centers in the area, and he's looking for an A/V person. That's me! Hopefully he'll call me up and we can get together and chat - and let me get a look around and feel for the place. It'd be an awesome job, as it is part time and can work around my school schedule. Tomorrow should be good. Pissed off my sister, too, because apparently she was planning on stealing the car for the day or whatever - denied!

It's spring break. I would, of course, spend my spring break basically at the house feeling like shit. Pretty much fitting...

Monday, I found out a pretty damned amazing piece of news - I have health insurance under my parents still. Do until I'm twenty five or twenty six. Meant I could go to the doctor, get the meds, and actually try and fix this stupid mess of allergies. I also talked to the doc while I was there about my gender "dysphoria". He told me he actually has a couple of patients that are transgender / transsexual, and he told me to call my insurance company and find out what in-network psychologists handle gender dysphoria, so that I can start actually moving on stuff. He looked at me and said, if it's wrong, it needs to be fixed. I don't think that there's much more I can say beyond the fact that the Doctor said so that will convince my parents to actually let me start figuring this out beyond just... wearing female clothing alone or somewhat in public.

I'm with the Doc though. I need to figure out what's going on and try to "fix" it... whatever fixing really is. So, I should probably call the insurance company tomorrow or Monday. Mental health is a.... touchy subject.

Not really much else to say. If I remember something in my sinus-induced state, I'll probably edit or start writing a new post.

Until next time.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment