2012/03/28

Carry On

Sinus infection went away. Persistent bastard. Allegra, Sudafed, Tylenol, Mucinex, plus the antibiotic. Was quite happy to be rid of it.

Never did end up getting back down to the tornado disaster zone, unfortunately. Wish I could have done more...

Ended up spending a few hours with Kara that Friday afternoon, and then a few more hours later that evening. Amazing, mostly. I love that girl. She makes me so happy... I've seen her (almost) every day for the past few weeks, which is good, all things considered. I won't have almost any time with her next week, then summer is basically shot, and probably fall too. We'll see how it goes. Fighting to get as much time with her as possible before that happens.

That Friday also went awesome in another way - I got the A/V job! I am now working at a hotel, doing the Audio and Visual side of things. I've already racked up a fair number of hours, and done my first big build - which is amazing. I can't really post pictures, but suffice to say: If our team gets creative license, then watch out world! It turns out amazingly. I'm even getting paid a reasonable amount of money this time around. Even though I'm "temporary" - more like part time - I'm still getting a good amount of hours. Only... well, not really bad, not interesting, just... eh part of the job are the random hours. This past weekend, I went in at 06.30 Saturday morning, worked until 16.30, then went in Sunday from 17.30 until 22.30 (Sunday was the big build). And then I turned around and worked at 07.00 on Monday. The only other part of the job that is even halfway annoying is the fact that I have to wear a suit for work, seeing as how we meet with clients on a constant basis. I don't mind it - wearing a suit certainly makes me feel like a badass - but it means I have to find good suits. So far, it's been going to Goodwill and finding good two piece suits with the help of one of my best friends - that man has an eye for fashion - and matching it with shirts and ties. I probably need to get a couple real suits, but that's shelling out some serious money there. Stick to Goodwill for the time being, I guess. Oh well.

I still have yet to call the Medical insurance company. I need to do that! Grah. Been so busy with work and school and hanging out with Kara that I just haven't really thought about it, much less done it. But seriously, I need to... My body isn't right, and it bugs me. But I want to be able to go to a psychologist where Kara can go with me at least once, so I don't feel like I'm going in there alone... But that means either going on one of her days off, or a weekend, and I don't know many - if any - psychologists that are open on the weekend. I need to figure it out...

Dear GAWD, I need to shave tomorrow afternoon. My legs look like woolly freaking mammoths. Toooo much body hair! Drives me nuts. That, and a day without shaving, I have definite face stubble issues. It's driving me nuts. Wish estrogen could do something about face hair, but it won't... and of course the laser hair removal is EXPENSIVE! Grahhhh. So much about all this is expensive... drives me nuts! Welcome to life though, right?

So, a couple days ago, I went to visit my old mentor, and he told me about a second-hand store that had a few server racks - and servers still in them! - there. I went over to that store and bought three Dell PowerEdge servers, plus a Cisco Catalyst 2900. For A HUNDRED BUCKS. We're talking over three thousand dollars worth of gear, and I got it for a hundred dollars. How does this happen? Second hand stores for the win!! But yeah. Gonna set one of the servers up as a dev server, hopefully give one to dad as an early b-day present for his virtual stuff, and use one as a file server or something... I'll see how they run. I seriously need a day off though to tackle them, and I don't know when that'll be anytime soon... Between school and work. Heh. Oh well! I'll figure it out. I still have to figure out where I'm going to put my servers - not like I have much space in my room! - and we don't really have a whole lot of space in the entire house. I'd like to get in on a co-op or something, but that takes money that I currently don't have.

I need to yank the graphics card out of my old box and put it in my current box though, because the one in my current box is dying, it sounds like... I think the fan on it is going to hell. Either way, I need to fix that soon - especially if I want to stay active in SecondLife. I'll figure it out and make it work - I always do in the end...

Anyways. Sorry about the random jumping around in this post. More of a train-of-thought than anything. It's 0.18 though. I'm tired, and my brain really isn't wanting to work. Not to mention having to get up in five and a half hours... Oh yay.

Until next time.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment