2011/11/24

Thanksgiving

Welcome... To... The Hollow Daze! (In case you can't interpret, that's holidays for you normal people...)

Why are the holidays a hollow daze? After a while, it's hard to have a happy time during these couple months when you realise how many people you have loved that can no longer be there to celebrate with you. It puts a pretty big damper on things, knowing that those people are no longer there physically to hug and hold, even though they are still in our hearts.

It's hard to stomach these days when you think about all the people you may know who don't have anybody to celebrate with, or have lost their loved ones. One specific (separated) couple I know lost their son, and now the holidays are just a time of hate and sadness for them. Having been a friend of their son, I understand how they feel, and it rather permeates my own feelings in the process. Being an Empath doesn't help...

All of it hurts - I wish there was another way to say that which would soften it, but in the end, there isn't. Thing is...

As much hatred as I have built up towards the hollowdaze, and everything else I still have reasons to be - and still am - thankful. I have amazing friends, an awesome girlfriend, more family than I can keep track of that are awesome - blood and non-blood - a great group of people at our church, and you guys. Because without readers, what's a blog worth? Not a whole lot... So thanks, gang.

Until next time. Happy Turkey Day.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment