2011/11/06

Moving 3 (The Final Part)

So yeah. I fail. I should have posted three weeks ago, but things have been all over. Sorry for not posting.

Gotta admit. I didn't expect everything that happened with this move. We've run into a lot of issues recently, and have been working through them. When we first moved in, my desk was in the living room, taking up a heck of a lot of the room. Last night, my girlfriend and I moved it into our bedroom, which now has about... maybe six square feet of uncovered floor. One of the issues we've had has been clothes.... We have lots. I never realised just how much clothing one person can have! And of course, trying to do that much laundry in one go around is very hard when you're hand washing and hang drying. The seriously limiting factor though is hangars - we don't have nearly enough. We need about a hundred fifty more - yeah, that's a shit-ton, but we both hang all our clothing up. Fortunately, I had a dresser waiting for the move in, so we've been using that to store some of our clothing. Of course, with all the dirty clothing, it's scattered. On the floor.
My OCD is killing me.

Our other roommate and I are both on the job hunt, which sucks. I recently got wind though of a job with the school district, where I worked before as a student. I applied and am hoping against all hope that I will get a call on that one, an interview, and finally get hired. Not the greatest money - it is a government job - but hey, a job's a job, and the school district isn't a bad place to work. We've run into some issues in the financial department too. My girlfriend was out of work for two weeks from jaw surgery - don't ask - and so things are a little hairy at the moment. Hence the desperate need for a job. Uck.

Brighter side though. I have several pieces of music equipment - mainly recording items - items that I couldn't exactly show my parents because of other issues. Nice thing about moving out, I can have them wherever I want now. My laptop's charger died about a week ago - completely died - so right now, my laptop is out of commission until we can get the financial situation back to the point where I can buy a new charger. This has put a strain on my ability to do anything recording wise, until today, when I finally got really tired of it and did some experimentation. The interface I have actually drops right in to Linux with no issues, but up until now, I've been having issues using it with Audacity. Today, I did some hacking around and made it work. I then spent part of the afternoon just revelling in the glory of it, studio headphones and all, listening to music. So much fun, I'm telling you.

Anyways. Something that has sort of plagued me about this entire move has been the loss of certain things. Not having my own car is very hard to deal with - having to rely on others to take me somewhere, or the bus system, which is either unreliable or simply too damned slow. With the financial issues, we've been having problems keeping a whole lot of food around, although certain friends are helping with that, little pieces. The other part, the part that I guess gets me the most, is being so far from certain people. My "surrogate" family - my (second non-blood) mother and (non-blood) sister live on the other side of town though, making it very hard to see them except on occasion. Fortunately, Mom picks me up after work occasionally (third shift) and will take me over to their apartment for the day, so that I can see them. Of course, my blood family too. Seeing them maybe twice, three times a month now, depending on what happens. It's just... different from what I was expecting, I guess. Or maybe I wasn't really paying attention to my expectations. I don't know.

It's not the greatest situation, but hey, who expected that when we moved out? Things were a little tense, and a little hard. And this is life. It's not supposed to be easy, is it?

I'm going to try to post a little more frequently. I've had a few ideas tumbling around in my head for a while, and have written up a little on one. So hopefully I'll manage to get them out soonish. Until next time.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment